Welcome to our new website!
It remains in beta form as we continue to test and refine it. Your feedback is welcome.
Here is some guidance to orient you to our new website. If you have questions, please contact us.
The search bar is your primary tool to sift through the thousands of items in our catalogue. Type a word and the search bar will prompt you toward common and related searches. Common search examples include:
- theme (e.g. beatitudes),
- concept (e.g. kingdom of God),
- word from the title (e.g. forgiveness),
- author’s name (e.g. Schellenberg),
- location (e.g. China),
- congregation (e.g. Stirling Avenue Mennonite), etc.
Search also by scripture text. All our worship and curriculum resources have been indexed by scripture text, when applicable. Search by:
- chapter (e.g. Matthew 10),
- chapter and verse (e.g. John 3:16),
- chapter and range of verses (e.g. Jeremiah 4:3-14),
- range of chapters (e.g. John 19-20).
Browse the breadth of our collection quickly by referencing the menus from our navigation bar.
- For online or DVD videos - select “Video” under “Type”
- For curriculum - select "Curricula" under "Genre"
- For worship items - select "Parts of Worship" under "Genre"
- For drama resources - select "Spoken Word/Drama" under "Expression"
- For Easter materials - select "Easter Season" or "Easter Sunday" under "Church Season"
- For baptism resources - select "Baptism" under "Event"
|The medium by which an item is primarily accessed|
|The way an item is purposed or stylized|
|The way an item is experienced or performed|
|An item's content or subject (what it is about)|
|An item for use during the church calendar year|
|An item for use during an event, occasion, holiday, date, time of day or calendar season|
|The target group for which an item is designed|
|The predominant language an item uses (including sub-titles)|
|The producer, supplier or copyright holder of an item|
|Reading list on a nuanced theme.|
|Other partner's aggregate collections.|
Whether you’ve entered a keyword, scripture text or selected a menu option, your search results will yield:
- a list of resources,
- a sort option,
- a listing of applicable filters on the left sidebar
- and, when on a subject page, an additional search bar
Re-order your search results by:
- "Best Match" - algorithm-generated listing
- "Newest Arrival" - the latest items in our collection
- "Publication Date" - the year an item was published
Use one or more filters to focus your resource list.
- For example: Selecting 3 filters - “Parts of Worship,” “Advent,” and “Access Online” will display online seasonal worship materials
Additional Search Bar
Use the additional search bar to refine your original search with another keyword or scripture text.
- For example: Using the same 3 filters as above, searching “Luke 2:20-24” would further refine the online Advent worship materials and only include items related to these specific verses in Luke.
Scrolling Search Results
- Click the author name to view other titles in our collection by that person.
- Click the “Heart” icon to save the item to your personalized Favourites list.
- Click a cover image or title to view more details about the item, any related reviews or additional resources associated with the item, and its available shopping options.
Our materials are available to buy, borrow and/or access online. You will have the choice from the following:
|Buy||Purchase the item from CommonWord|
|Buy from MHA||Purchase the item from Mennonite Heritage Archives|
|Special Order||Request a quote and expected time of delivery.|
|Borrow||Borrow the item from CommonWord|
|Borrow Later||Place a hold on an item that is currently in circulation|
|Download||Download a PDF, Word or other document or file from CommonWord|
|Listen||Listen to an online audio recording|
|Read||Read a document from another website|
|View||View a visual piece of art|
|Visit||Visit another website|
|Watch||Watch an online video|
|Guide||Access a study guide or supplementary resource|
|Preview||Access an excerpt or trailer|
|Interview||Watch or listen to an interview with the author|
|Transcript||Access a video or audio transcript|
Add item(s) to your shopping cart by either clicking “Buy,” “Borrow,” or “Borrow Later.”
- The cart will differentiate between retail and loan items, and between Partner and CommonWord materials.
Click on the “Shopping Cart” icon at the top right corner of the page to review the contents of your cart.
- Here you may change quantities of purchase item(s), remove any titles you no longer want, adjust loan periods, and select pick-up or shipping.
Click “Go to Checkout.”
- This is your final opportunity to review your order.
- If changes need to be made, click “Edit.”
- If the order needs to be aborted, click “Cancel.”
- If an extended loan period is required (e.g. longer DVD study) please leave a note in the “Comments” box.
- Verify your mailing address.
- And, if there are special circumstances with your order, please indicate those instructions in the “Comments” box.
For loan orders, click “Submit.” This completes the process. An email confirmation will be sent to you. An email will also be sent when the item is ready to pick up or has been shipped.
For purchase orders, click “Pay Now.”
- You will be directed to the PayPal page.
- Payment is made by credit card. Either login to your pre-existing PayPal account (which stores your credit card number) or click “Pay with credit or Visa Debit card” and fill in your credit card information.
- Click “Pay Now.”
- If at any time you wish to abort the order, click “Cancel and return to CommonWord Bookstore & Resource Centre.”
- Once payment has gone through, PayPal will send you an email receipt.
- CommonWord will also send you an email acknowledging receipt of your order.
- You will also be notified by email when your order is ready to pick up or has been shipped.