CommonWord is your on-campus bookstore and second library
- all your required textbooks
- many stationery products
- the post-secondary Winnipeg Transit Peggo cards
- CMU brandware
- Ten Thousand Villages fair-trade crafts and coffee
- a variety of frozen foods (pizza, perogies and sausage)
Our unique lending library is free to use. With less than 15% content overlap with the CMU Library, you might just find that “something extra” for your fellowship group study, essay, or chapel presentation. Search this catalogue for materials or come visit us.
In Marpeck Commons on the north campus
During the school year (Sept-Apr):
Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Returns can be made prior to the semester's final return date (if that is within 2 weeks of your purchase) and meet these criteria:
- The original receipt is required.
- All returns must be in new condition and complete (including all components - CDs, DVDs, unopened access codes, study guides).
- Books that were shrink-wrapped need to be returned with the shrink-wrap (and barcode).
- Refund method will match the original purchase method (e.g. credit card)
- Please note that calculators, and opened audio books, CDs, DVDs, or software may not be returned.
Sell Your Textbooks
You may sell your textbooks at CommonWord on consignment if they meet these criteria:
- The title and edition is confirmed as a text for the coming semester (Typically the confirmed textbook list is available 1-2 weeks before the start of the semester)
- You purchased the title(s) new
Simply drop off your texts before the start of the semester and sign a consignment contract with us. We will reimburse you 50% of the retail price for all items sold and issue a cheque a month after the start of the semester.