Share your original resources with other congregations
We know that pastors new to ministry eagerly seek the counsel of more experienced pastors. We are aware that congregations look to implement processes that other churches have already navigated. We know that local church committees lead creative worship, plan unique educational events, and witness to their neighbourhoods in compelling ways.
We also know that congregations search for these home grown, tested, original resources.
Here to make the link
We’re here to help make the link by gathering and cataloguing digital resources in this online collection. Specific submissions can be found here, including:
- Outlines of church leadership processes (gift discernment, visioning/restructuring, constitutional
- Outlines of educational programs or workshops (pre-marital counseling, catechism classes,
Anabaptist history modules, etc.)
- Worship materials (dramas, readings, prayers, litanies, sermons, other creative writing for
special Sunday events, ceremonies or other occasions).
Basic criteria for submission
- Reflects our Anabaptist theology and church practice
- Transfers well to other congregational contexts (i.e., generic names, place locations, etc.)
- Is original and doesn’t hold copyright restrictions
- Fits into the schema of CommonWord’s online catalogue (complements what is already here or
fills a significant “gap”)
- CommonWord will use its discretion as to which items we will post.
- All submissions will be formatted to a standard CommonWord “Community Developed Resource” template – and may be edited for content.
- This is a free service. Authors will be acknowledged but not remunerated and CommonWord will not receive any payment.
- Authors retain copyright of their material, which they may choose to withdraw, if necessary, at any time.
- Only electronic submissions (Word document preferably) are accepted.
Please email your documents for review to firstname.lastname@example.org.