Sexual Abuse Prevention:
Online Video Series
In this webinar, Anna Groff, executive director of Dove’s Nest discusses best practices for sexual abuse prevention in our congregations.
- Believe–if a youth discloses sexual abuse/violence, believe him/her (2:3 women have experience sexual violence)
- Learn more–know and understand grooming signs for sexual abuse Implement and follow a protection policy
- Consider and safeguard against youth on youth/child sexual abuse
- Nurture healthy and deep listening culture
- Understand boundary crossing vs. boundary violation
- Intentions are irrelevant
- Decrease isolation and secrecy
- Increase supervision–2 adult rule
- All activities should be observable and interruptable
- Provide education on personal, emotional, and physical boundaries
- Educate about appropriate touch
|Publisher||The Gathering Place|
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.