Online Video Series
Margot Starbuck & Dave King, authors of Overplayed, offer The Gathering Plac community a thought-provoking webinar on the busy lives of youth. In this presentation, they address common myths parents/adults believe about playing sports/choosing activities and offer wisdom about how to navigate through the many choices busy families face.
- Know your child…you don’t owe your child.
- Have a clear understanding of your own family mission. Use this as the lens in which to choose activities.
- Decide ahead of time, before a season begins, your schedule and let coaches/advisers know what your child will not be able to attend. Don’t decide on the fly.
- Multiple-sports/diversity of activities is not only good, but needed!
- Let your child lead the conversation after a game/event. Hearing from their point-of-view allows you to see what really matters to them (as opposed to your perspective which might be more performance driven).
|Publisher||The Gathering Place|
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.