Invitation to the New Testament
Using Matthew's gospel as a starting point, this study examines how the New Testament writers and the early Christian community wrestled with the implications of the story of Jesus for their lives and their communities of faith. Participants are invited to study afresh this story of Jesus to learn more about what it means to be the community of Jesus' followers today.
Each session contains two parts:
- The Formation of the Canon; The New Testament's Use of the Old Testament
- The Sermon on the Mount; Jesus, Paul, James and the Law
- The Meaning of "Gospel"; Christianity and the Wider Culture
- Conflict in the Early Church; Unity and Diversity in the Church
- Jesus as Messiah; Dealing with Conflict in the Christian Community
- People of the "New Covenant"; Tensions between Jewish and Gentile Christians
- Apocalyptic Literature; Confronting Systems of Domination
- The Meaning of Resurrection; Jesus' Death and Resurrection
Public Performance Rights Included.
|Type||Curriculum - Video|
|Call ID||B In|
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.