Faith and Hope in the Midst of Changing Times
Online Resource Series - Multiple Formats
The original version of these materials appeared in 1999 and was
entitled Hope and Prayer in the New Millennium. Each of the
reflections sought to help the church deal with the changes and
challenges that a new millennium would bring. The beginning of
the new millennium is by now distant memory, but the reality of
change and the accompanying challenges are probably even more real today than over a decade ago.
The meditations here have been thoroughly updated and re-written to reflect both changing times and changes in the author's faith over the last eleven years.
Chapters/Themes of this five-week package:
- In the Face of Change: If we as Christians are rooted in our story, remain God-centered, sort out our loyalties, and live as a covenant people, then we can confidently face changing times.
- Bless the LORD, O My Soul: One of the most important things we as a church do in any time and place is to offer our joyous and heartfelt praise to God.
- Nurturing a Spirit of Resistance: As God’s people, we owe our primary allegiance to God. Therefore, in changing times we are called to nurture a discerning spirit of resistance to the world.
- Living between Reality and Hope: Our calling is to live between acceptance of some of the painful realities of life, and the hope we have that with God new things are possible.
- Nothing Can Separate Us . . . : No matter what crises we face either individually or collectively, the Bible assures us that there is nothing in all of creation that can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.
Our prayer is that readers will find nourishment in the pages that follow, and words that God might use to help us talk ourselves into believing more firmly and living more faithfully in the midst of changing and challenging times.
|Type||Online Curriculum - Book|
|Publisher||Mennonite Church Canada|
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.