#2 - One Lord, One Church, One Hope, and One God: Mennonite Confessions of Faith in North America: An Introduction
Thirty-four different Mennonite confessions of faith used by various branches of the Mennonite Church over the last 350 years. The introduction seeks to analyze the common strands of belief. Extensive tables of analysis show frequency of scripture use, frequency of specific doctrinal articles, and a Mennonite genealogical tree showing the interrelationship of historical developments to the chronology of the confessions.
- Foreword (C. J. Dyck)
- Author’s Preface. Section One—An Orientation: I. Historical Introduction
- II. Toward a Theological Interpretation
- III. Some Ecumenical Implications.
- Section Two—The Confessions:
- I. The Dordrecht-MC Confessional Tradition
- II. The Ris-GC Confessional Tradition
- III. The Russian-MB Confessional Tradition
- IV. The Smaller Mennonite and Related Confessional Traditions.
- Section Three—Documentation:
- I. Tables (Data Collection)
- II. Bibliographies (Works Consulted)
- III. Appendices (Additional Confessions)
- IV. Scriptures (Individual Confessions)
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.