Mysteries of Grace & Judgement: A Journey of Story, Letters from Siberia, Poetry and Song with Jack Dueck, reflecting the Experiences of the Mennonite Sojourn in Russia
- The reader represents the voice of Scripture and includes words, like those by Menno Simons, inspired by the biblical passages.
- The letters From Russia with Tears express the agony of suffering and of faith's testing toward a new spiritual formation - finding 'soul' even while all seems lost.
- The songs and music provide a poetic and sound screen against which the letters, stories and scripture are played. The songs with their celebration of a comforting faith create painful irony, a horrific sense of total loss and heart cries for answers.
- The stories give a felt experience of a people caught in the Russian Communist Revolution's juggernaut of community destruction: the wrenching doubts, the cry for answers, the horror of experiencing a seeming silent God, the collapse of their material and immaterial world, are all played within, and even against, the other voices.
- Although these elements make up a dramatic whole, the participating audience in this live performance becomes a fifth element; the drama enacted in sung participation continues in the heart and in the faith community. Remembering is for us, the living.
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.