Peace by Peace: Women on the Frontlines
Narrated by Jessica Lange, Peace by Peace profiles women in Afghanistan, Argentina, Bosnia-Harzegovina, Burundi and the United States who are building the foundations for sustainable peace. More than a year in the making, it premiered at the United Nations in October of 2003.
- Afghanistan: Women involved with writing the new constitution, and providing education for girls
- Burundi: After the Rwandan genocide, women radio journalists work under dangerous conditions, providing much-needed information
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: Micro-credit loans help women rebuild lives shattered by war
- Argentina: Women continue to protest the disappearances of their children on the Plaza de Mayo. Women work together to build solutions to hunger and unemployment, and promote political change.
- United States: Women who lost loved ones in the September 11 attacks speak out for peaceful solutions.
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.