But It's Only a Story: Why Jesus Told Stories about Money and Why We Should Too
People remember stories. Maybe that's why Jesus told stories. Talking about money is uncomfortable, but stories can spark discussion on this important topic at your church. This four-session curriculum is designed to help people approach and talk about money, which can encourage better thinking and decisions.
The four weeks of material include five short devotional lessons per week using the “dwelling in the word” approach to Bible study. At the end of each week’s study is a small group discussion guide that can also be used as sermon starter material. We hope you enjoy and are challenged by the devotional study and group discussion experience.
The sessions focus on these topics:
- Intro - But it's only a story
- Part 1 - Everyone has a stewardship story
- Part 2 - Stories of Wealth: Lord, make me a philanthropist
- Part 3 - Stories of Greed: Guarding against greed
- Part 4 - Stories of Generosity: Proportional, intentional and sacrificial
This resource is adapted from Your Treasure Your Heart: Women and the Stewardship of Money, available separately.
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.