Shine: Sunday School Curriculum
Join the Teachers Helping Teachers Shine Facebook group
Shine: Living in God Light is a dynamic Sunday school curriculum that engages Christian communities and families in their life together, that:
- calls children to experience the transforming power of God’s love and shine God's light in the world;
- nurtures trust in God and invites children to follow Jesus;
- encourages imaginative, interactive biblical storytelling;
- explores the meaning of the Bible within the gathered community;
- cultivates the inner life of the Spirit through spiritual practices;
- expresses faith through lives of compassionate peacemaking and service.
- Shine prioritizes the Bible Story.
The Bible story is the central focus of each Shine session and it is made accessible through Shine’s new Bible storybook, All of Us: God’s Story for You & Me.
- Shine connects the Bible with daily life.
- Shine emphasizes spiritual practices.
Each session includes an age-appropriate spiritual practice that welcomes children into the presence of God.
- Shine teaches Jesus’ way of peace.
Shine emphasizes the concept of God’s shalom—peace with God, creation, neighbours, and self—and Jesus’ life and teachings of peace.
- Shine values diversity.
In content, illustration, and music, Shine shares the beautiful diversity of God’s creation with children and youth.
- Shine makes learning fun with creative and insightful media connections.
Each Shine session includes at least four age-appropriate media connections that can be used by the teacher to enhance learning or extend the session.
- Shine supports your volunteers in their ministry of teaching.
Each quarter, teacher’s guides will have a code to unlock articles and other teaching aids on the website.
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.