Patient Vigor: Resources for Conversations about Sexuality
AMBS faculty have a profound respect for the Scripture’s power to reveal God in Christ to us—scriptures we must listen to over and over again, with vigorous patience, to discern the mind of Christ for these “interesting times.”
In this space, AMBS faculty have begun to post resources that call us with patient vigor to:
- Re-learn the spiritual disciplines necessary to hear God’s gracious Spirit in Scripture and in each other.
- Listen to the full-orbed witness of Scripture with the best available skills of interpretation.
- Prayerfully adopt a confessional posture in the midst of conflict.
- Commit to pray for the well-being of our enemies, including those with whom we most vehemently disagree.
- Be teachable—ready even to be broken open to receive a previously unrecognized word from the Lord: “You have heard it said…But I say to you….”
- Locate our own stories within the arc of God’s Shalom Story.
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.