Risking Connection in Faith Communities: A Training Curriculum for Faith Leaders Supporting Trauma Survivors
This book focuses on the healing role that clergy of all denominations can play in the lives of trauma survivors in their congregations. Because the book is addressed to spiritual leaders, particular attention is paid to the spiritual impact of trauma.
Rather than attempting to term clergy into therapists, this material helps faith leaders use growth-promoting relationships and other internal resources more productively, as well as enhancing the spiritual tools and resources that clergy use daily.
As it is intended to be useful to clergy of many faiths and denominations, the text takes a neutral stance on belief systems; however examples incorporating such perspectives are offered in the sidebars. In addition, although the text focus on support for survivors of interpersonal trauma, it also speaks to the issues related to care in the wake of natural disasters or other types of trauma.
- explains the spiritual and psychological effects of trauma
- focuses on the need for growth-promoting relationships
- explores the connection between trauma and spiritual distress
- recognizes the value of spirituality in recovery
- addresses the impact of trauma on the helper
- looks at how faith communities can promote healing
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.