Let Justice Roll: Implement the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
The Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC) named the UN Declaration in 16 Calls to Action. In Call to Action 43 the TRC called upon the Government of Canada to “fully adopt and implement” the UN Declaration as “the framework for reconciliation.” Call to Action 44 calls upon the Government of Canada to “develop a national action plan, strategies, and other concrete measures to achieve the goals of the United Nations Declaration.”
This resource provides a guide for taking action to ensure that the Government of Canada takes the necessary steps to revise federal legislation so that all relevant legislation is consistent with the UN Declaration.
This resource includes:
- A theological reflection.
- Some Frequently Asked Questions about the UN Declaration.
- A guide for arranging delegations to visit your Member of Parliament.
- A resource for congregations on how to produce banners declaring their commitment to reconciliation.
- A list of other print and video resources
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.