The Mission of God and Global Partnerships: October 2018
Mission partnerships must address historical sins, financial limitations, and theological differences. In spite of the difficulties, we remain drawn into partnerships by friendship and mutual need, by overlapping history and vision, and, ultimately, by the Holy Spirit. Partnerships are difficult—but how good and pleasant it is to dwell in unity (Psalm 133:1)! This issue of Anabaptist Witness collects papers on global mission partnerships from the 2018 Council of International Anabaptist Ministries Plenary, as well as a selection of additional articles on the theme.
Proceedings from the 2018 Council of International Anabaptist Ministries Plenary:
- "Global Mission Partnerships: Learning from the Past, Looking to the Future" by Alain Epp Weaver
- "The Mission of God and Global Relationships" by César García
- "The Mission of God and Global Relationships" by Jeanne Zimmerly Jantzi
- "Global Mission Partnership: Striving to Balance Limping Alliances" by Barbara Nkala
- "Reclaiming Mission: Reflections on Mission as Global Interconnectedness and Spirit-Empowered Evangelism" by Anicka Fast
- "We Were Not Disobedient to the Vision" by Richard Showalter
- "The Mission of God and Global Partnership: Case Study — International Missions Association (IMA)" by Yesaya Abdi & Tilahun Beyene Kidane
- "The Increasing Need for Authentic Global Anabaptist Partnerships" by Ruth Keidel Clemens
- "Where Are Our Nightmares?" by Anne Thiessen
- "Six Decades in the Making: A Story of Friendship and Ministry Partnership between African-Initiated Churches and North American Mennonites" by James R. Krabill
- "Mission Engagement in Nigeria in an Epoch of Partnership: A Case in the Anabaptist Tradition" by R. Bruce Yoder
- "Enfants sacrés et subsides coloniaux chez les missionnaires des Frères mennonites" by Anicka Fast (see English article)
read related article: Pedagogical Dilemmas in the Global Church: Reflecting on Power and Privilege in Relation to Colonial Subsidies and the Education of Missionaries’ Children in the Belgian Congo
Additional content available here.
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.