Alternative Christmas Worship Resources
- "What Does Jesus Want for Christmas?" An alternative Christmas pageant based on "Carols for Justice." An intergenerational event that mixes brief scenes with carols - easy to produce and flexible in length.
- "Remembering the Holy Innocents: A service for December 28th." The Day of the Holy Innocents is a day set aside to remember the slaughter of the children in and around Bethlehem. Take this opportunity to both remember the slaughter of the innocent children and be reminded of the vulnerability of children today. Consider where children are at risk in your own community. Also included are some ideas for further study and action.
- "Reclaiming Christmas: Models for Prayer and Worship." This resource offers litanies for the four weeks of Advent and prayers for Christmas and Epiphany. Also included is an idea for a children's story.
- "St. Nicholas: A Puppet Play." Helps children and their parents understand the origin of Santa Claus traditions in the St. Nicholas legend. The play suggests that anonymous giving to people in need is more in keeping with the spirit of Christmas than the "getting" that goes with the Santa tradition. This play offers a way to address the ironic distortions which have occurred in the progression from St. Nicholas, who gave to the poor, to Santa, who gives only to those who can afford him.
- "Welcoming the Prince of Peace: Models of Prayer and Worship." These prayers, litanies, readings and other worship elements can be used to incorporate a theme of peace in worship services, prayer services or other special gathering during the Advent/Christmas season.
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.