Take Our Moments and Our Days: An Anabaptist Prayer Book
Take Our Moments and Our Days is a four-week cycle of morning and evening prayer services prepared for the period in the church year between Pentecost and Advent.
The services focus on the teaching and ministry of Jesus:
- the Lord's Prayer (week one),
- the Beatitudes (week two),
- Jesus' parables (week three),
- Jesus' miracles (week four)
Characteristics of this prayerbook:
- Scripture-saturated prayer. Virtually all the words in these prayers are adapted or taken directly from the Bible.
- The voice of Jesus. The words of Jesus are strikingly prominent in these services.
- Anabaptist colouration. Lying behind the prayers is a pattern of themes that are especially important in the Anabaptist tradition.
The prayer services are designed for use by small groups or families, although they are suitable for individuals as well.
Published in collaboration with the Institute of Mennoite Studies at Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Elkhart, Indiana.
Also see Volume 2 (Advent through Pentecost) and related app.
Also available in Korean.
Note: English loan copy is an earlier brown-covered volume
"Praying with Scripture is a deep, sustained, and beloved tradition of the church. Take Our Moments and Our Days offers an inviting way to both enrich our daily prayer and open ourselves to the wisdom and renewing energy of our sacred texts, shaped and formed by these words taken to heart." - Marlene Kropf, Mennonite Church USA
"A superb prayer book! The editors have done an outstanding job choosing texts and hymns and writing prayers and forms to establish substantial patterns of prayer. Their language is that of the universal church, so this publication knits its users to Christians throughout time and space. I pray that this volume will be used widely and well." - Marva J. Dawn, author of Talking the Walk and Joy in Divine Wisdom
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.