#9 - Mennonite Perspectives on Pastoral Counseling
The Pastoral Counseling in the Congregation section focuses on the contribution of the ministry of pastoral counseling in the faith community.
Other Settings for Pastoral Care and Counseling presents windows on the practice of pastoral care outside the congregational context.
Pastoral Care and Counseling in Cultural Context considers challenges and opportunities for Christian care ministry in Indonesian and Dutch contexts.
The authors invite conversation and collaboration with pastors, pastoral counselors, psychotherapists, chaplains, and others involved in and training for care-giving ministries, in the global Anabaptist communion and other traditions.
- The Pastoral-Theological Nature of Pastoral Counseling (Daniel Schipani)
- Anabaptism and Psychology (Alvin Dueck)
- Counseling Connectedness and Community (David Augsburger)
- Communal Pilgrimage (Lonnie Yoder)
- Pastoral Counseling in a Congregational Setting (Nancy Kauffmann)
- Spiritual Direction and Pastoral Counseling in Mennonite Perspective (Marcus Smucker)
- Pastoral Counseling as a Form of Pastoral Care (Marianne Mellinger)
- Mutual Address and Accountability in Couples Therapy (Delores Friesen)
- Pastoral Counseling in a Community Health Care Center (Daniel Schipani)
- Glimpses of the Heart of Caring (Leah Dawn Bueckert)
- Pastoral Care and Counseling … in Java (Mesach Krisetya)
- … in the Netherlands (Lies Brussee-van der Zee)