Even the Demons Submit: Continuing Jesus' Ministry of Deliverance
Demonic oppression? Mental illness? What would it look like if deliverance ministers, psychologists, pastors, biblical scholars, missiologists, anthropologists, and people who have experienced deliverance and healing were to compare notes, tell their stories, and try to learn from one another? This book aims to reflect that conversation and promote further conversation.
The diversity of the book is an attempt to honor the complexity of the issue. In Even the Demons Submit, you will find not only different points of view but also different kinds of material. Some essays are articulated with scholarly care, and others are reflections from a pastoral heart. There are stories and case studies. Some of the contributions are intensely personal, and others step back to offer a larger perspective on the matter.
Even the Demons Submit is not a simple how-to manual, or an easy answer. But if you want to participate in conversation about the hard and holy work of partnering with God in the battle against evil, you will find much to ponder here.
- Part 1—Understanding the Challenge (Paul Hiebert)
- Biblical Faith Confronts Evil Spiritual Realities (Willard Swartley)
- Generational Sin and Demonic Oppression (Lawrence Burkholder)
- The Systemic Spirit of the Family (Ronald Hammer)
- Part 2—The Challenge: Case Studies
- Part 3—Responding to the Challenge (Duane Beck)
- Congregation-Based Deliverance Ministry (Wesley Bontreger)
- In Pursuit of Truth and the Healing Touch of Jesus (Dean Hochstetler, Harold Bauman)
- Reflections on Deliverance Ministry (Swartley)
- The Daughters of Zion (Sheiler Stokes)
- Demonization and the Therapeutic Community (Paul J. Yoder)
- Part 4—Preparing for the Challenge: Preparing Pastors to Face the Challenge (Loren Johns, Arthur McPhee)
- Where from Here? (J. Nelson Kraybill)
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.