Shine: Sunday School Curriculum
Shine: Living in God Light is a dynamic Sunday school curriculum for age 3 to grade 8 that engages Christian communities in their life together.
- calls children to experience the transforming power of God’s love.
- nurtures trust in God and invites children to follow Jesus.
- encourages imaginative, interactive biblical storytelling.
- explores the meaning of the Bible within the gathered community.
- cultivates the inner life of the Spirit through spiritual practices.
- expresses faith through lives of compassionate peacemaking and service.
- invites all ages to shine God’s light in the world.
This is the curriculum project of Mennonite Church Canada, Mennonite Church USA and the Church of the Brethren.
To preview this material:
- borrow a sample packet (Year 1, Quarter 1) from the list below
- or check the Shine website.
Purchase Physical Items:
- online or call 1-800-263-2664
Purchase Digital Items:
Shine encourages strong connections between church and home, such as:
- Each quarter, a few songs from the Early Childhood Music CD are available to families to download for free.
- Each quarter, a letter to families is included in the Primary, Middler, and Multiage teacher’s guides. The letter provides an overview of the quarter, including the page numbers of the story in the story Bible. The letter can also be printed from the Extras webpage (under the corresponding quarter and age level).
- Faith Talk, short bulletin notes to families, are available online at no cost. They provide discussion starters and activities that correspond with each session of Shine.
- Families can help their children memorize the scripture chosen during the quarter; the Bible memory passages for all age levels are accessible to families online.
Also see a sample worship service to introduce the curriculum.
Also see Stories of God's People, a sample of L.E.D., a junior youth devotional.
|Type||Series, Audio, Print|
|Genre||Handbook/Guide, Biblical Retelling, Group Study/Workshop|
|Expression||Illustrated/Picture Book, Congregational Song, Recorded Music, Institutional|
|Audience||Adults, Children, Leaders|
|Collection||2020 Renew - Transforming Faith Formation, Faith Formation|
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.