Shine: Sunday School Curriculum
Shine is the curriculum project of Mennonite Church Canada, Mennonite Church USA and the Church of the Brethren.
Shine: Living in God Light is a dynamic Sunday school curriculum that engages Christian communities and families in their life together, that:
- calls children to experience the transforming power of God’s love and shine God's light in the world;
- nurtures trust in God and invites children to follow Jesus;
- encourages imaginative, interactive biblical storytelling;
- explores the meaning of the Bible within the gathered community;
- cultivates the inner life of the Spirit through spiritual practices;
- expresses faith through lives of compassionate peacemaking and service.
- Shine prioritizes the Bible Story.
The Bible story is the central focus of each Shine session and it is made accessible through Shine’s new Bible storybook, All of Us: God’s Story for You & Me.
- Shine connects the Bible with daily life.
- Shine emphasizes spiritual practices.
Each session includes an age-appropriate spiritual practice that welcomes children into the presence of God.
- Shine teaches Jesus’ way of peace.
Shine emphasizes the concept of God’s shalom—peace with God, creation, neighbours, and self—and Jesus’ life and teachings of peace.
- Shine values diversity.
In content, illustration, and music, Shine shares the beautiful diversity of God’s creation with children and youth.
- Shine makes learning fun with creative and insightful media connections.
Each Shine session includes at least four age-appropriate media connections that can be used by the teacher to enhance learning or extend the session.
- Shine supports your volunteers in their ministry of teaching.
Each quarter, teacher’s guides will have a code to unlock articles and other teaching aids on the website.
What you need:
- Please reference this helpful chart.
To preview this material:
- Visit the Shine website
- Or, borrow a sample packet (Fall 2020) from this series to preview
- Visit www.mennomedia.ca or call 1-800-263-2664
|Genre||Biblical Retelling, Group Study/Workshop|
|Expression||Illustrated/Picture Book, TEMP NAME European and Euro-Canadian/American Folk|
|Season||Pentecost, Christmas Season, Palm Sunday, Lent Season, Advent Season, Thanksgiving, All Church Seasons, Easter Season|
|Audience||Adults, Children, Leaders|
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.