Working Effectively with Indigenous Peoples
Whether you're just starting out or want to increase your knowledge, Working Effectively with Indigenous Peoples is written to support people in their Indigenous relations endeavours. The fourth edition has additional content and a fresh look inside and out.
This book will provide readers with opportunities to:
- See both sides of the debate on Indigenous Peoples' rights, title and treaties
- Understand the difference between "Indigenous" and "Aboriginal"
- Sift through the rhetoric to find creative solutions to workplace challenges
- Become familiar with terminology and interpersonal communications by learning what to say and what not to say to be respectful
- Learn business reasons for governments and organizations to work respectfully and effectively with Indigenous Peoples
- Explore individual and organizational strategies for Working Effectively with Indigenous Peoples
- Learn critical legal and practical information on consultation and accommodation
"Having recently completed training with Indigenous Corporate Training, I'm pleased to see the materials and supporting information book updated to address the evolving nature of relationships, modern treaties, the evolving legal climate, and shifts in engagement and consultation activities when working with First Nations. Having taken this course years ago, the new material is valuable in understanding the evolution of First Nations' application of rights and title cases across Canada's legal system."
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.