Churches Working to End Violence Against Women
As Christians we are part of God's healing river that is bringing love and justice to our world. We want to end the reality of women being abused by their partners. We want women and children to live without fear of being sexually assaulted. We want to create a society where women can live in peace and security.
HEALING WATERS explores the pervasive violence that is part of the context of women's lives. It provides theological background and reflection, as well as practical tools for dealing with a woman's experience of abuse. We believe it will be helpful in churches' work of compassion in worship, pastoral counselling, support groups, legislative action, and sanctuary. It contains both study materials and ideas for action.
Its contents include:
- An historical overview of violence against women and the role of the church.
- Practical advice for recognizing and responding to a woman who has been abused.
- Helpful handouts on abuse, myths, shelters and needs of specific groups of women.
- Information on creating safe spaces in the church.
- Biblical and theological background, sermon guides and other practical resources for planning worship.
- Workshop outlines and Bible studies to use in your congregation. Community action ideas.
|Publisher||Women's Inter-Church Council of Canada|
|Call ID||NF 261.8 Pe|
Please provide your contact information. We will check this item's availability and get back to you soon with the price and expected time of delivery.